- Community Involvement
Current exhibits include:
- The Energy Grid – Place a token at the top of the wall and watch the path of electrical power as it travels from the generation station to homes or business.
- Plasma Tube – By placing your hand on the plasma tube you’ll safely experience the built-up charge that will concentrate in the area around your hand.
- Thermal Tunnel – Walk through the tunnel and see the thermal energy coming from your body on a tv display.
- Water Wall – See how your daily water consumption adds up by stacking pegs that represent everyday actions that involve water.
- Generation Station – Use your physical strength to power incandescent and LED bulbs and feel the extra effort needed to illuminate the incandescent bulb.
- Wind Power Podium – Crank a source of wind power to illuminate an LED bulb.
- Light Wall – Select a colored peg that correlates to an energy-saving action. All pegs together will create a lit image representing the actions everyone will take to save energy. Great for a class photo!
- Pass It On – At the end of your visit inside the exhibit, place a stamp on the poster for each person you plan to share your newly learned positive energy messages.
- Solar Power – Learn about the rooftop solar panels on the trailer and see various meters and gauges that are powering the panels.
- Careers – Explore various green jobs in the energy efficiency and sustainable energy field.
While waiting for a chance to walk through the exhibits, one or more experiments may take place outside the trailer:
- Energy Relay
- Heat Insulation Demo
- Energy Costs Money
- Sources of Clean Energy
- Electricity Savings Tips
- Energy Community Pledge
- Power Consumption
- Carbon Footprint Awareness
- Water Conservation
- Bike Station
Call, email, or fill out the form to book now!
Three ways to book the Energy In Action mobile interactive exhibit for a visit to your school or community event:
- Call 203-381-9754
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
School or Organization Name
- Click the link to fill out the form.
Be sure to include your contact information and dates you are interested in.